Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Windows Server Administration team providing technical services to systems supporting the daily operations of the United States Postal Service.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide planning, coordination, and implementation of server installations, upgrades, routine maintenance and vendor supplied patches in accordance with established Information Technology (IT) policies and procedures.
• Serves as the primary contact for critical and high server based outages and communicates the status of the outage to infrastructure management.
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs), Installation Qualifications (IQs), and documentation adhering to industry best practices.
• Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels; provide performance statistics and reports.
• Define and perform server backups and recovery procedures; participate in development, testing, and implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
• Prioritize and respond to Service Desk tickets as appropriate.
• Provide timely response to escalations in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs).
• Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other functional areas within IT to ensure availability, reliability and scalability of corporate servers to meet business requirements.
• Provide off hours support through the use of a rotating on call procedure.
• Strong customer service orientation, proven ability to pay attention to details and proven dependability.
• Interact with immediate supervisor, Postal management, Northrop Grumman team members, customers, and users on a daily basis.
• Special projects as assigned.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18002868&lang=en
• Post ID: 29480887 minneapolis