2018 Boys Assistant Golf Coaches (2 Positions)
Company: Minnetonka Public Schools
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term and Type: Regular, Full Time
Required Education: High School or Equivalent
Required Experience: Open
1. JV Coach
2. Developmental Coach
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization and administration of coaching an athletic team.
2. Assist the student activities director with hiring, development and evaluation of assistant coaches.
3. Plan, accompany and supervise the team to and from all events including practices and competitions.
4. Work with student activities director on specific budget requests and spending as well as fund raising as needed.
5. Plan and implement both in-season and out-of-season conditioning and weight programs with the Pagel Center Staff.
6. Coordinate practice and game schedules with the Student Activities Office, Activities Coordinator or other coaches.
7. Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establish and manage activity penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
1. Enforce all rules of the Minnesota State High School League and Minnetonka Public School Policies as they pertain to the respective sport.
2. Follow athletic department policy in ordering equipment, uniforms and supplies for the sport involved; turn in a complete inventory of all equipment at the conclusion of the season.
3. Assist the Student Activities Office to maintain complete and accurate records as required (i.e. student physicals, parental consents, attendance forms, insurance records, activity/athletic code forms, etc.).
4. Assist the Student Activities Office to prepare a roster of all team members to include numbers, grade level and positions.
5. Report and document with an injury report form for all major student injuries immediately to the trainer, and to the student activities director when appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
2. Understanding of and agreement with the Minnetonka Public School District's Student Activity and Athletic Code and the Coaches/Advisors Handbook.
3. Knowledge of State, Federal and Minnetonka Public School Board Policies regarding student conduct and appropriate disciplinary action.
4. Evidence of the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, parents, community members and students.
6. Ability to receive work direction.
7. Strong work ethic and dedication to further the benefits of student participation in co-curricular activities.
8. Physical ability to perform essential job functions.
Applicant must possess a coaching license or complete a MSHSL alternative program.
Compensation in accordance with Schedule B of the Teacher Master Agreement.
Please attach a letter of interest and resume attention Ted Schultz, Student Activities Director, and submit with your online application. For questions about the positions please contact Luke Elfner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under "District" then "Departments-Human Resources" click "Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form" found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.
• Post ID: 28615652 minneapolis