Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:36 PM
Req ID: 38003
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on peoples lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming whats possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space:age materials : this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, its a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, youll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. Youll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
To maximize the corporate profitability, technical reputation and position of MTS within the market place by independently managing large/significant projects (generally including substantial custom mechanical, electrical and software designs) in an effective manner, fully meeting the project performance objectives of schedule, budget, technical specifications, and customer satisfaction.
This position reports into the Materials organization, and will be responsible for managing development program teams in support of the new Materials control architecture.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Provides pre:order technical support through conceptual design drawings, technical descriptions, customer meetings, project planning, and contract negotiation.
2. Establishes reliable sold:cost estimate.
3. Determines and plans attainable, project schedules.
4. Serves as the overall project manager and is responsible for all parameters of project performance (cost, technical performance, schedule, and customer satisfaction).
5. Plans and coordinates the project.
*Reviews and acknowledges customer orders (with revisions if appropriate).
*Sets clear goals and objectives.
*Builds project team.
*Delegates appropriate work.
6. Effectively monitors and controls project progress.
*Reviews periodic reports, consults with appropriate individuals, and takes corrective action where necessary.
*Consults with customer as required.
*Initiates and conducts contract renegotiations where appropriate.
7. Directs the system checkout and performance testing.
*Develops and implements checkout plan and coordinates all checkout, shipping and financial activities.
*Is responsible for coordinating the systems documentation with Technical Communications.
*Obtains clear customer acceptance.
8. Proposes and manages R and D programs where applicable.
9. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable MTS product line.
10. Create and deliver formal technical presentations to both external customers and internal management related to job function, program status, or future technical direction.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Ability to travel up to 10 domestic and international.
BS or equivalent with 7 years of related experience.
Experience in R and D Product Development
Program Management Leadersh
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 29448762 minneapolis