Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 3:25 PM
Everyone communicates. It's the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network-our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state:of:the:art data centers- we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world's most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Product Specialist in Shakopee, MN
Working in cooperation and support of the Product Line Management team, the position is responsible for market support of the product line. Provide support in the areas of market analysis, market communication, product pricing, product line planning, and new product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Product Line Management team, conducts research analysis and market research to define new product requirements. Analyzes sales and other financial data to derive information necessary to influence / support managerial decisions concerning market penetration, product modification, market expansion and new product development.
- Support Product Line Management with product lifecycle management, including new product introduction, with fielding sales calls, assisting customer support representatives. May assist with inventory and shipping processes and coordination, quotes, bid preparation, product loads and cost inquiries.
- Assists with the implementation of market plans for assigned product line.
- Support sales and marketing presentations and demonstrations where additional technical expertise is required on specific products, applications or assigned markets.
- A completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Analytics, Accounting, Management, Economics, Finance, or Information Technology required with 2 to 5 years of experience; Master's degree is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, including demonstrated understanding of a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a technical environment.
- Pragmatic: keeps feet on the ground, can implement.
- Strong learning on the job capabilities.
- Business experience in a similar business environment is a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong team player, "natural" team leader.
- Prepared to travel up to 15.
- Familiarity with SAP preferred.
- Fluent in English.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60:300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60:741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul, shakopee
• Post ID: 29215092 minneapolis