Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 12:54 AM
Req ID: 38021
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on peoples lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming whats possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space:age materials : this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, its a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, youll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. Youll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
MTS Systems Corporation creates some of the worlds highest performance mechanical testing systems that are used by industry leaders in aerospace, automotive, biomedical, civil engineering, energy, materials testing and more. Our advanced systems are used to test the durability and performance of materials, products and structures. In this position, you will lead the test initiatives of the MTS Control Software product. It is the MTS control sofrware that enables our mechanical testing systems to achieve extremely high levels of physical simulation fidelity and performance by enabling advanced controls, data acquisition and modeling capabilities.
Primary Objective: To plan, coordinate and execute the testing strategy for the product.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Coordinate testing effort. Define the time estimates for each test phase and create a schedule. Provide work direction to test engineers participating in the testing. Train test engineers on equipment and test methods. Work with management to solicit internal users as testing resources when required.
2. Create the test strategy and test plan. Maintain process and procedures consistent with overall MTS testing philosophy.
3. Represent test/quality with management. Provide feedback on testing status. Generate reports, track metrics, and create post:release summary.
4. Design and generate high quality, cost effective test cases. Execute test cases using black box techniques and automated testing where applicable. Record and track defects.
5. Manage the testing environment. Keep the lab up:to:date with test machines and hardware needed to support the testing effort. Maintain an effective and current image management system for the test lab.
6. Support product development by participating in requirement and design reviews to ensure the specifications are testable and meet our quality standards.
7. Evaluate software changes for impact on testing, ensuring that effort is made to minimize cost of change.
8. Archive and organize test results and artifacts using configuration management tools.
9. Keep current with advances in test practices and methodologies.
10. Act as a liaison with technical support to provide assistance to internal and external customers.
11. Practice continuous process improvement for opportunities to improve the quality of the test process, including reduction of costs and improved efficiency.
• Location: eden prairie, Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 29360742 minneapolis